Re: [Phys-L] [SPAM] Re: popcorn physics

On 2013, Jun 18, , at 20:03, "Anthony Lapinski" <Anthony_Lapinski@pds.org> wrote:

Yes, water (moisture) content. But how much air is inside each kernel? If
ideal kernels have 14% moisture, then that's 86% air

I beg your pardon?

(which has very
little mass). How are these small amounts determined to get the best
kernels?

Only that dissolved in the "moisture" and possible voids. I suggest a visit to the bio. people w/ a request to use their microtome and microscope. [for the voids]

bc perhaps this is already "old hat" to the bio. people.

p.s. moisture in grains is old hat. I have a big book on wheat must go to the black hole (garage) and find it.

Yup a common lab exercise one of many:

Lab2

http://intro.chem.okstate.edu/chemsource/gases/Lab2.html

from https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=measure+OR+determine+moisture+in+popping+corn+kernels&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8