[Phys-L] Particle physics

Hi.
I am working to create some materials for 20th century physics & particle physics. Before I do, I need to understand some of it.
When particles collide inside cern / fermi / slac, and produce particles, do the particles form from the energy of the collision?
Do the particles form because the quarks rearrange?
When massive particles decay to daughter particles, are the daughter particles composed of fewer fundamental particles?

Now, I believe a particle can be made from energy for to particle interaction (photon vs photon). So I thought an interaction in a detector would produce particles at least (!) partly due to the energy of the interaction, not just rearranging particles like quarks.
I believe muons are fundamental, and decay (perhaps there is a better term) into particles. Would the particles a myob decays into be considered daughter particles?

One more...
Is the higgs boson fundamental?

Thanks for your help.

...::. Sent from a touchscreen.::...