[Phys-L] Why Democrats in Congress Fail To Support Climate Change Legislation #2

Some subscribers to Phys-L might be interested in a recent post "Why Democrats in Congress Fail To Support Climate Change Legislation #2" [Hake (2013)]. The abstract reads:

**************************************
ABSTRACT: In my discussion-list post "Senator Sheldon Whitehouse - Time to Wake Up: GOP Opposition to Climate Science" at <http://yhoo.it/100EVIY> I wrote: "Unfortunately, Democrats in Congress are almost as unenlightened as Republicans."

In response, a subscriber wrote to me: "In case anyone missed this excellent dissection of climate science opposition, here's why Demos are apparently 'unenlightened': ['Frontline - Climate of Doubt' (PBS, 2012)] at <http://to.pbs.org/192dOxE>."

I list the ALL-STAR cast and their online resumés: 19 Anthropomorphic Global Warming *Believers* and 20 Anthropomorphic Global Warming *Doubters*.

To access the complete 13 kB post please click on <http://yhoo.it/11GTu2H>.

Links to Articles: <http://bit.ly/a6M5y0>
Links to Socratic Dialogue Inducing (SDI) Labs: <http://bit.ly/9nGd3M>
Academia: <http://bit.ly/a8ixxm>
Blog: <http://bit.ly/9yGsXh>
GooglePlus: <http://bit.ly/KwZ6mE>
Google Scholar: <http://bit.ly/Wz2FP3>
Twitter: <http://bit.ly/juvd52>
Facebook: <http://on.fb.me/XI7EKm>
LinkedIn: <http://linkd.in/14uycpW>

". . .American politics is being completely defined by huge sums of money. [In 2008] we had really a very broad coalition of people who believed that we ought to move forward [on climate change legislation] and do something. But as the [2012} campaign and the fear built up, people began to retreat. [Conservative organizations] spent huge sums of money IN A CAMPAIGN OF MAJOR DISINFORMATION. . . .[[My CAPS]. . . . that had a profound impact. And it has now made many people in public life very gunshy because they're afraid of having those amounts of money spent against them. . . . . .There's nothing like a loss in an election. . . . .[ as for Bob Ingliss of South Carolina, defeated by BIG $$ from conservative organizations]]. . . . . to promote fear in the survivors. And that's exactly what happened in the United States Congress."
- John Kerry, transcript PBS (2012)

REFERENCES [URL's shortened by <http://bit.ly/> and accessed on 12 June 2013.]
Hake, R.R. 2013. "Why Democrats in Congress Fail To Support Climate Change Legislation" online on the OPEN! Net-Gold archives at <http://yhoo.it/11GTu2H>. Post of 11 Jun 2013 19:58:37-0700 to AERA-L and Net-Gold. The abstract and link to the complete post are being distributed to various discussion lists and are also on my blog Hake'sEdStuff at <http://bit.ly/17H3ZHk> with a provision for comments.