Re: [Phys-L] HD 140283

On 06/06/2013 04:43 AM, Anthony Lapinski wrote:
On page 17 of the July issue of Astronomy, it states that the age of the
oldest star (HD 140283) is 14.5 billion years. This is older than the age
of the universe! However, they also say the uncertainty is ±800 million
years, so all is good. I am a bit surprised that the star's age is this
high.

I'm surprised, too, especially given that according to /trustworthy/
sources, the universe is only about 6,000 to 10,000 years old.

http://conservapedia.com/Age_of_the_Earth

I know that source is trustworthy, because it says so. It's the
motto of the site: _Conservapedia, the trustworthy encyclopedia_