Re: [Phys-L] Would a Carbon Tax Save Life on Planet Earth?

On 2013, Jun 05, , at 04:16, "LaMontagne, Bob" <RLAMONT@providence.edu> wrote:

"must"?

Many of our students have parents that have lost their jobs during this severe economic downturn. Many are facing huge student loans and are worrying about future employment. If we are going to reach them we can't be pedantic geeks - we have to engage them at their level and make scientific concerns relevant to the lives they live. They are the ones who have to decide the relative importance of a few degrees of warming versus economic sacrifice.

Bob at PC
_________

Is it better to have an "underwater mortgage" than a house that is under the water?

bc hears the ticks and other vectors are moving into populated regions.