Re: [Phys-L] wondering about stuff

By coincidence I received this interesting phys-l note just after I was
rereading a section of the book "Surely you are Joking, Mr Feynman" (by
Feynman, of course). In section 4 (page 173... in my copy) Feynman at Cornell was
having a hard time coming up with a good physics idea when he sees a
spinning plate in the cafeteria and decides to have some fun doing some
irrelevant calculations on the plate. This physics, done only for fun, cured his
dry spell.

Alex. F. Burr

In a message dated 5/22/2013 6:30:27 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,