Re: [Phys-L] suggestions for a sophomore-intermediate optics course text

Absolutely, and the excellent Shaum's Outline, also by Gene. I was wondering
if anyone had a more recent suggestion, something that might introduce
some quantum optics? I also note that Fowles (very dated work from Dover)
can be had in Kindle form at about $10. Slightly more recently there are two books
by Pedrotti^2 and Pedrotti^3 (lots of folk named Pedrotti) but I don't know
of anyone who has used same. There must be others...

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
462SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 1-716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>
Physics Graduate Coordinator & NSF Investigator for ISEP (MSP) and Noyce