Re: [Phys-L] IBM movie

Was there a link?

KC

-----Original Message-----
From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@phys-l.org] On Behalf Of Bill Nettles
Sent: Wednesday, 01 May 2013 2:58 PM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Subject: [Phys-L] IBM movie

IBM produced this neat clip to promote interest in science, math, etc among students and the general public. They admit it's not a scientific breakthrough. They've been doing this manipulation for a while now.

The thing that fascinated me was the patterns around the atoms and collections of atoms. Are those interference patterns of the E-fields? They also have a wavy appearance. Look at the patterns around the rectangular platform that the "boy" ends up standing on. Looks like equipotentials to me.

Or are these artifacts of the TAFM processing?

B Nettles
x6588