Re: [Phys-L] Sound waves in space?

On 2013, Mar 23, , at 08:53, "Forinash III, Kyle" <kforinas@ius.edu> wrote:

Something about sound waves in space doesn't make sense to me:

http://www.ouramazingplanet.com/4228-tohoku-earthquake-space-infrasound.html

But I guess there is still some measurable atmosphere at 270 km?

kyle
------

GOCE is at 268 km.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=goce+sattelite+altitude&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

1, If measurable prob. enough friction to cause failure to maintain orbit, but then has rocket(s).

2, It is designed to measure g since the earth moved g changed for that reason, no? also would the atmospheric mass under the satellite change with the passage of sound?

"In the anacoustic zone above 160 kilometres (99 mi), the density is so low that molecular interactions are too infrequent to permit the transmission of sound."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermosphere

bc remembers the earth rings like a bell