Re: [Phys-L] Economist Kern Alexander Explains the Problem with School Choice

Ze'ev Wurman (2013) in his Phys-L post "Re: Economist Kern Alexander Explains the Problem with School Choice" at <http://bit.ly/Ye0gY0> wrote:

"Didn't I write it already somewhere that when physicists speak outside their discipline they tend to contribute no more added value than the next person? Turns out it can be worse."

And when Ze'ev Wurman, who (according to Pascal Blacque's blog "Q & A with Ze'ev Wurman" at <http://bit.ly/RaHJMy>) "worked over 30 years in the high tech industry. . . .[and] has B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the Technion, Israel Institute of Technology" speaks outside his discipline we find an unblemished record of egregious nonsense.

For example, in Part II of "What Mathematicians Might Learn From Physicists: Response to Wurman" Hake (2012) at <http://bit.ly/TXMvNs> I discussed Wurman's uninformed advocacy of:
A. Diverting K-12 Funding From Librarians to Teachers,
B. Direct Instruction Over Hands- and Minds-On Pedagogy,
C. Phonics Over Whole Language for Reading Instruction.

<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi>
<http://HakesEdStuff.blogspot.com>
<http://iub.academia.edu/RichardHake>