From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@phys-l.org] On Behalf Of R. W. Tarara
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 10:53 AM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] Bernoulli's equation

Not so tedious--

Consider the total external energy by taking the work done on the fluid (Fs), the KE (1/2mv^2), and the gravitational PE (mgH) and divide the sum of these by volume. The assumption is some small volume near the boundaries of the fluid. Fs/V = Fs/As = P while the masses become mass volume densities.

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, Indiana

Free Physics Instructional Software
Updates and new multi-resolutions versions now available.