From: Donald Polvani <dgpolvani@verizon.net>
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 9, 2013 11:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] scientific method diagram

The comments below of two of the list members remind me of informal comments
made by Robert  Pound (Nobel prize winner) and Edward Purcell (Nobel prize
winner) while both were at Harvard to a few of us physics majors.  The
comments were something like: "Maybe we should show these students how this
stuff REALLY gets done.  Not like this slick stuff we present in lecture all
well thought out and orderly."

Don

Dr. Donald G. Polvani
Adjunct Lecturer, Physics