Re: [Phys-L] just for fun

On 12/31/2013 1:07 PM, Ze'ev Wurman wrote:
It was a perfectly nice thread until John "Know-It-All" Clement chose to climb on his beloved wooden pony yet again.
/snip/

I must have been hanging out on this list since the 20th century - but I cannot recall such a casual name calling episode. So I took a look at the perpetrator's bio, and it seems quite respectable - you might say distinguished by his government service to a previous administration. A programmer (though this tag is out of fashion any more) who is also active in state debates concerning educational matters.

Clements has been a consistent voice for evidence based approaches to teaching for years. Not sure yet what consistent theme Wurman embraces - give it another ten years?

Brian Whatcott Altus OK