Re: [Phys-L] just for fun

And I, in turn, wonder what those who so smugly treat the overwhelming scientific consensus on anthropogenic global warming as if it had already been roundly falsified and is, therefore presumably, a massive ongoing hoax on humanity by the scientific community will have to say about themselves when and if that position becomes untenable.

IMO, if the overwhelming scientific consensus on anthropogenic global warming turns out to be wrong it will be one of the few times that modern science has been SO shockingly misguided and WILL, therefore, be cause for some very serious introspection. But by the same token, given the strength of that consensus and the fact that it is based on relatively simple physics that is amply supported by the data, it seems to me that anyone who dismisses it so casually betrays a deeply anti-scientific worldview.

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona