Re: [Phys-L] Evaluation tests

I can't assist you with physics. I know that students transitioning
from high school find the expectation for independent learning to be a
substantial barrier to success. I don't know if there are assessment
test to quantify this.

Contrary to what is happening at your institution, the students
association here has successfully pushed the drop date to almost the
end of term. The drop date use to be about 2/3 of the way through the
course (early November). Now it is in the last week of November. With
it so late, students cannot drop a course and spend the extra time
improving on their other courses.

Dr. Roy Jensen
Lecturer, Chemistry
E5-33F, University of Alberta