Re: [Phys-L] authority, facts, and/or etiquette

This has been an interesting discussion, sort of, and probably the
reason why some teachers leave this listserv as people discuss
back and forth (in a self-righteous way) about topics that
might start out important but usually go off on tangents with a
few people "arguing." This happens often. While it is true that
some of us are "smarter" than others, we are all here to learn
from each other and become better teachers.

I saw this on the Phys-L web site:

Phys-L is a mailing list dedicated to physics and the teaching of physics
with about 700 members from over 35 countries, the majority of whom
are physics educators. Noninflammatory, professional, and courteous
postings intended to inform members on how to better understand,
teach, and learn physics are always welcome.

Maybe we can all learn from this...