Re: [Phys-L] Correction: Was: Re: [tap-l] demo of gravity (warping of spacetime)

Cross posted

On 2013, Dec 10, , at 13:44, Bernard Cleyet <bernardcleyet@redshift.com> wrote:

Evidently even my (our) model did not correctly “mimic” inverse square — according to the current AJP article:

“On trajectories of rolling marbles in cones and other funnels”

A v. quick skim, IIRC, reveals that one may achieve closed orbits, but they are not due to an inverse square central force. My impression: One would have to use an object that slid not rolled. If all this is true, then make an air funnel, no?

bc last time he looked the model was in the demo room.