Re: [Phys-L] critical thinking exercise : DC circuits

On 12/9/2013 5:29 PM, Larry Smith wrote:
On Dec 8, 2013, at 10:15 AM, brian whatcott wrote:
Hmmm....let's start by picking on John Denker in one of his not unusual tears.

Having conducted a cursory search for an on-line access to Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics Knight (third edition) - and failed,
I notice that the same title serves for Giancoli (4th ed), Serway & Jewett (8th ed.) and presumably for someone's 5th through 7th editions. How peculiar! It seems that freebee downloads of later editions are accessible.

Here's my conclusion: if you want to pick the bones out of physics texts, start with the LATEST edition!
The 3rd edition is the latest for Knight's "Physics for Scientists and Engineers: A Strategic Approach."

Larry

I was amused to find, when using Larry's search string to check publication dates, etc., that there is now a generic version, which may serve a comparable purpose in texts to generic drugs in pharmacy: its MUCH cheaper (but by no means identical, I don't suppose!)

<https://www.boundless.com/physics/physics-for-scientists-and-engineers-a-strategic-approach-with-modern-physics-3rd-randall-d-knight-0321740904/>
or in Tiny form:
*http://tinyurl.com/mglfgqx*

$20 versus $200