Re: [Phys-L] Energy & Bonds

As I should have anticipated in writing, having experienced it in years
previous when I occasionally contributed, there is a dichotomy of thought
being displayed here depending on whether or not one teaches, or taught,
pre-college or college-level students. What is an appropriate approach for
college students is almost certainly not going to be appropriate for (most)
pre-college students. For one thing, college students would have had
chemistry and, often, physics previously. The strongest high school
students, those who will eventually find their way into college, are
probably taking chemistry as a 10th grader. That would make them 15.
Quantum mechanics, calculus, etc are not a very good option for teaching
them. I suspect I will STILL get college instructors on the list insisting
otherwise, but a week or so teaching at a pre-college level would, I think,
disabuse them of their certitude. I'll leave it at that.

Re: New textbooks... I'll check in with a friend of mine who is teaching
9th and 10th grade biology and see what the books look like now...