Re: [Phys-L] Sig Figs homework from my 7th grader

True, then they are exact with zero error. For this exercise the student is intended to presume that these are scientific data where the uncertainty is indicated by the number of significant digits.

But what would if you if these were the height of a block and the thickness of a coat of paint?

Paul