From: Phys-l [mailto:phys-l-bounces@phys-l.org] On Behalf Of LaMontagne, Bob
Sent: Sunday, 16 September 2012 9:11 PM
To: Phys-L@Phys-L.org
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] strange things in chem book

Rally? False?

A quick look online shows many respected sources calling it a "law". Why are you so afraid of the word?

As far as I can tell from an online search and reference to some old texts in my library - like Gounod's Physics, It has been referred to as the "Law of Gravity" for at least a century and a half. It probably goes back further, but I have no sources at hand at the moment.

We have to stop jumping down people's throats when they use words in a slightly different manner than we do. It turns off people just as quickly as a Jehovah's Witness at the door.

Bob at PC