Re: [Phys-L] [SPAM] Re: strange things in chem book

Well, I guess "just a theory" means it's really not a "proven fact."
Fossil evidence clearly shows that evolution is the best explanation we
have for how species have changed over time, but it is not complete. And
nobody really knows how life began on Earth. So that's why it is a
"theory." Maybe "just a theory" sounds like it is far from complete or
something. Either way, it is a theory. Sort of like the Big Bang. All
evidence points toward a universe that began extremely hot and dense. But
that's all we know. Nobody really knows where all the energy/matter came
from, or what happened before the Big Bang.

I have a few kids each year who (for religious reasons?) do not believe in
evolution.

On a more personal note, you can't really prove you were born! Sure, you
may have "evidence" (photos, videos, family stories, etc.), but you have
no memory of it. And, therefore, you believe it on faith. On average, the
brain cells for memory are not developed until around 18 months. My oldest
memories are from when I was around 4 years old. How about you?