Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 12:59:04 -0400
From: "Anthony Lapinski" <Anthony_Lapinski@pds.org>
To: tap-l@lists.ncsu.edu, phys-l@phys-l.org
Subject: [Phys-L] astronomy

I know this is not physics, but does anyone know of good online astronomy
programs/websites that simulate a planetarium? Specifically, I want to
show star motions around Polaris (from various latitudes), sunrise/sunset
positions throughout the year, retrograde motion of planets, and celestial
coordinates (meridian, ecliptic, celestial equator, etc.). I appreciate
any suggestions.

"It is not enough to observe, experiment, theorize, calculate and communicate; we must also argue, criticize, debate, expound, summarize, and otherwise transform the information that we have obtained individually into reliable, well established, public knowledge."
John Ziman

Kyle Forinash
kforinas@ius.edu
http://homepages.ius.edu/kforinas/Ebook/Site/Blog/Blog.html