[Phys-L] Ultra fast camera

Hi,

my former student sent me a link which tells about *really* ultra fast camera. It is quite amazing! Take a look if you haven't done so already:
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoHeWgLvlXI&feature=player_embedded>

There is a publication in Nature Communications about the physics behind the camera:

<http://www.nature.com/news/how-to-see-around-corners-1.10258>
<http://www.nature.com/ncomms/journal/v3/n3/full/ncomms1747.html>

There is one thing which seems a bit odd though one might expect strange things happening in this timescale. Ramesh Raskar explains in the YouTube clip how relativity theory is present in one
photo showing light ripples going in the opposite direction than anticipated (at about 9:25). It would be nice to hear a more thorough explanation on the phenomenon.

Regards,

Antti Savinainen, PhD
Finland
Viesti on tarkastettu roskapostinsuodatus- ja virustorjuntaohjelmistolla.