Re: [Phys-L] Fluorescent V-A behavior

On 2012, Aug 21, , at 17:48, brian whatcott wrote:

On 8/21/2012 3:54 PM, Roberto Carabajal wrote:
Hello

Please, can anyone give me some web links to notes which describe the
voltage-current curve that follows a common 40 W fluorescent tube during a)
ignition and b ) steady state ?

My best regards.

Roberto

Best I could do with a brief search...

<http://www.cliftonlaboratories.com/compact_fl.htm>

Brian W

This is a GREAT lab. xpt. Note you should expect negative resistance. You already know where to insert a resistor for the current and the EMF probe. I imagine a X-Y scope would be useful.

bc doen the neg. resistance w/ a Na lamp.