Re: [Phys-L] ceramic fuses

I respectfully disagree.
It is my opinion that the CONTACT resistance at the ends of the fuse will be comparable to the resistance of the 1/4 amp fuse itself.
Your discussions (or lack thereof) with the meter vendor reinforces my position (Again - in my humble opinion.)

If the meter manufacturer is in fact using the fuse element as a critical component in the measuring circuit - I'd like to hear about it and recommend another brand of meter.

I'd buy the cheapest 1/4 amp fuse you can acquire.
If the form-factor is right and the voltage spec matches - you're good to go.

Another consideration is slow-blow vs standard vs FAST. (FAST is used to protect delicate expensive stuff - not student meters)

Cheers