Re: [Phys-L] Fwd: [PTSOS] spacetime simulator: flexible conduit?

From: WC Maddox

Message from Southverse where a green LED turns yellow when cooled by LN
rather than a yellow LED turning green.

1. If I want to model a force, rather than potential, that decreases
with distance I would prefer to use the flexible trampoline type device. The
slope of the surface decreases with distance from a large mass in the
center. This device also has the advantage, as shown later in the video,
that you could pull the material up to demonstrate a repulsive force.

2. I suspect the dart and tape model would be more confusing than
helpful here. How would a repulsive effect, like the part of the
cosmological expansion that is attributed to some type of "dark energy", be
modeled using darts and tape? Consider both effect decreases in strength
with distance and effect increases in strength with distance cases.

End Message