Re: [Phys-L] Private schools

Some of them obviously go back to the local school. But some of them just
disappear from schools. In TX they claim that students are traced so they
claim a high graduation rate. But if you look at the incoming vs outgoing
students the drop out rate has to be high. If the school is told that a
child is being home schooled or transferring to another school they take
them out of the drop out category, but they never check to see whether this
is true. I suspect the same thing happens in many states.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

We have a UNIVERSAL system of education in this country....
EVERY child can be left behind if they desire until they are
of age. Where do they go?? BACK TO THEIR SENDING SCHOOL...
not on the street. We take all comers and they have to go
somewhere until they are of age. Home schooling? Sure for
some it works, but what about the ones you don't hear about
whose parents think home schooling is to bring them to the
gym for two hours every day... I knew two such children in
the gym I go to.