Re: [Phys-L] Private schools

From: phys-l-bounces@mail.phys-l.org [phys-l-bounces@mail.phys-l.org] on behalf of ron mcdermott [rmcder@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:26 AM
To: Phys-L@phys-l.org
Subject: Re: [Phys-L] Private schools

ANY universal voucher plan results in a net loss of funding. You
can't transfer existing public funding to existing private school parents
without doing serious damage to public schools. Any acceptable voucher
plan would have to result in no funding damage to public schools, be
GRADUALLY phased in, and exclude from consideration any private school
which discriminates either overtly or subtly. I have yet to see an
acceptable voucher plan.