Re: [Phys-L] Private schools

One more minor point (smile).

On 7/10/2012 8:14 PM, John Mallinckrodt wrote:
Ze'ev Wurman wrote:

Second, if they *must* take students on first come first serve basis, it
defeats any idea of specialized schools. Why not declare the few things
that are not permitted (if any!) and let schools define themselves as
they want? Why force dance schools to accept people without any
selection? Or technology schools? As long as the vouchers are on the
order of public school cost, private schools will fight to get as many
reasonably qualified students as they can.
I suppose you have a theoretical point here, but I don't see why a non-dancer would apply to a school that emphasizes dance.

Well, living in California, you might recall this <http://www.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=004Cre>. We are a litigious society here ...