Re: [Phys-L] Private schools

On 07/09/2012 12:59 PM, Larry Smith wrote:
I agree with the general tenor of this post,

:-)

in my state districts can also charter schools.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but not knowledgeable about the details. By
default, I tend to lump district-chartered schools into the same category
as "magnet" schools. Different details, similar consequences, unless
there's something I'm missing.

This phenomenon messes up the already-confusing terminology, but AFAICT
it doesn't change the conceptual outlines of the problem.

Can somebody please suggest a good name (or amusing initialism? :-) for
the generic old-style publicly-funded non-charter non-magnet schools?