Re: [Phys-L] Energy Concept Inventory

No way. The private schools ape the public schools. The metastudy of
different types of schools showed that on average private schoold did not do
better than public schools. Believe me, I have seen that the teaching is
not that different. Because of the lower salaries at many private schools
they lose teachers to the public schools. Some private school systems are
sub par. The Catholic schools scored lower in math, but Lutheran schools
scored higher. Go figure.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

This all assumes "we" are teaching thinking and practice in
addition to physics "factoids". Only private schools may do this?