Re: [Phys-L] Fair use?

On 2012, Jul 06, , at 15:55, Roger Haar wrote:

Hi, A couple of pages into each issue of AJP is a bunch of fine print. The section starting with "Copying:" certainly sounds like you have violated their copywrite rights.
"Single copied of individual articles may be made for private use or research. . . . " The next section clearly forbids multiple copies.

Thanks
Roger Haar U of AZ

Yes.

Probably not the law, but the agreement, with serious consequence.

For a library to, if they don't enforce it.

bc note the law permits interlibrary loan copy -- I didn't read the agrement fully, but I suspect that's OK.

I wonder if one may pass around their copy for reading and note taking only. Of course everyone gives away their journals -- even offered on phys-l.