[Phys-L] Sequence?

I've been thinking of following Kelly O'Shea's example and doing constant velocity, then balanced forces, then uniform acceleration followed by unbalanced forces with my 9th graders next year.
I was thinking it might help students to have another unit before uniform acceleration and it's curved graphs; as well as give some more meaning to what is happening when we squeeze projectile motion into the end of the uniform acceleration unit.
Any thoughts?

My current sequence:
1. Science skills ( now heavy on three act like tasks ala Dan Meyer)
2. Constant velocity
3. Uniform acceleration ( I currently do two days of projectile motion - I'd love to do more- it is interesting!)
4. Balanced forces
5. Unbalanced forces
6. Energy ( even though I believe it does not really exist)
7. Mechanical waves and light ( end of the year whatever you get to is great unit!)

Thanks!

Jimc
Kirkwood High School

Btw, my unit assessments are now all goal less problems, graded on a rubric scale.
The students go as deep into the water as they can swim. Some swim very well, others not so much. All can do more in the water than when they got to swim class. I may not be highly anything, but I Model the best I can!