Re: [Phys-L] multitasking

On 2012, Jun 14, , at 23:19, John Clement wrote:

There is most probably a reason why ADD has survived as a human variation.
It is probably because in a hunting group having a person who pays attention
to everything is valuable when you might also be the hunted. But most of
the hunters have to have focused attention, so it only survives as a
minority variation. Then again it might be a random variation.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

Perhaps a "frequent" mutation? that survives well in JD's example?

G. Harden said lethal genes were equally lethal. Some "kill" in utero (mammalian) ; some after many generations. I suspect, like sickle cell, change the environment and the gene becomes lethal. Homozygously immediately lethal?

This brings up a prob. G. Hardin also discussed. With modern medicine lethal genes are surviving for much longer; what happens if we have a culture (environmental) crash.? e.g. global warming.

bc thankful he's near his life's end and no progeny.