Re: [Phys-L] Lorentz Force = wrong

While I didn't check the math of Cross's paper explicitly, I did skim through it and it has the "ring" of a proper resolution to the apparent paradox. I would be amazed/astounded if a manifestly covariant force law combined with Maxwell's equations written covariantly could possibly come up with a paradox when viewed from two different inertial frames of reference.

Joel Rauber, Ph.D
Professor and Head of Physics
Department of Physics
South Dakota State University