Re: [Phys-L] Lorentz Force = wrong

Thanks to Jack Uretsky who wrote:

The author's name is Mansuripur.
If you google his name, you will get Cross's reolution of an apparent
paradox. The Cross paper is, apparently, posted on the arXiV.

The Cross reference is located at:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1205.5451

I'm relieved and glad to see that the Lorentz force law is alive and well,
at least, in the eyes of some who are current in the relevant physics.
I've been away from graduate level EM and tensor math too long to be able to
reliably check both papers myself. Do others (more astute and recently
trained than I) agree that Cross has successfully answered Mansuripur's
paradox?

Don

Dr. Donald Polvani
Adjunct Faculty, Physics