Re: [Phys-L] multitasking

Oops I take it back. The referenced video is the Fat City workshop, and
seems to have reasonable resolution. The original is less smudgy. I first
looked at just the page without trying to play it.

The video that I have referenced is a full feature length video "How
Difficult can this Be" A Fat City Workshop by Richard Lavoie.
The video
below is not the same.

http://humanexceptionality.wordpress.com/2011/01/24/how-difficult-can-this-b
e/

But as this is a blatent copyright violation, it might not be available for
long. So do look at it. It might help sharpen your awareness of how
students have difficulties, and which students are likely to be LD. There
are many LD students who are not diagnosed. When you spot them always
suggest they get testing. If over 18 this can be done without their parents
notification. There are checklists you can get from various sources for
your use in diagnosis, but unless you have the necessary training the most
you can do is tell students what you observe and think, but always refer
them to professionals. I always say I am not qualified to diagnose, but in
truth I am usually right.

If you find this video enlightening Lavoie has "Beyond How difficult can
this be", and other videos and publications.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX