Re: [Phys-L] real-world physics

Here's a guy dropping 150 feet onto what looks like about 15 ft of cardboard boxes. I'm estimating an impact speed of something like 60 mph and an average acceleration of about 8 or 9 g as opposed to the ~110 mph and ~40 g to be expected for someone falling from 1500 feet onto 10 feet of cushion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woH7C3cY_Es

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona