Re: [Phys-L] real-world physics

Thanks for sharing your insights!

I often give test problems that the kids have never seen before. They have
to apply their knowledge, not
memorize facts. I also give them the formulas as they have enough to
"memorize" in other courses.

I firmly believe that how you think is more important that what you know.
I teach them physics for lifelong learning, not to "get into college."

Still, physics is not easy for most kids...