[Phys-L] Video Lighting.

Probably easiest to try a couple of compact fluorescents - Their operating frequency is high enough that the coating's fluorescent decay time is comparatively long in comparison.
If you wanted adventure, you might instead try an AC electrolytic (33microfarad at 2X line volts wkgV) for safety) to direct drive an auto headlamp for fill in.

Brian Whatcott

* /From/: Derek Chirnside <derek.chirnside@gmail.com
<mailto:derek.chirnside%40gmail.com>>
* /Date/: Mon, 14 May 2012 08:28:20 +1200

I've had a camera mount for a while to take pictures and small video clips.
I have in the past used two bedside lamps with incandescent bulbs.

Now, with an improved video camera (actually just my iPhone) the camera is
picking up scrolling bands across the display, I presume because of the
50Hz (as we have in NZ) voltage powering the bulbs, which I guess is making
100 Hz intensity variation.

I've thought of getting a DC setup, but bulbs cost much more. Like $27
rather than $2.
I've priced an LED option, this also is quite expensive, although there are
other options I suspect.
I've tried energy saving bulbs, the effect is less, but still present.

Any thoughts? Is there maybe a simple way to phase shift the voltage
powering one of the bulbs? Or even do it to two other bulbs??

-Derek