Re: [Phys-L] [PTSOS] jeopardy! and/or jigsaw puzzles [1 Attachment] Was: Re: Conceptual Physics Course

On 2012, May 11, , at 18:54, John Denker wrote:

As an example: In Hewitt's _Conceptual Physics_ section 38.4 it
emphasizes that «Light behaves like waves when it travels in empty
space, and like particles when it interacts with solid matter.»
A few sentences later we find «CONCEPT CHECK: What causes light
to behave like a wave? Like a particle?»

Sorry, that's not conceptual physics. It's not conceptual, and
it's not physics. All it is doing is asking for rote regurgitation
of what was said earlier on the page. This is incompatible with
any pretense of critical thinking.

Here's what some teachers are doing in NorCal:
Does anybody know of websites that help generate Jeopardy! type games or jigsaw puzzles for review activities?