Re: [Phys-l] scientists are wimps

On 4/15/2012 1:25 PM, Ze'ev Wurman wrote:
Brian,

On 4/15/2012 10:37 AM, brian whatcott wrote:
That was probably not to Ze-ev's taste - here's an equal-opportunity
somewhat racist joke - that may have more chuckle value?

Mexican Jews ...
I have no issue with real jokes, including the above.
***
On a more serious political note: ...
Israel is a nuclear state however, with a propensity for snatching
similar toys from other war-like states like Iran.
On a more serious note and speaking of "propensities," is it OK if I
describe Iraq (circa 1980s) and Syria (since 1970s), who had their
nuclear ambitions "snatched," as regimes with a "propensity" for
murdering tens of thousands of their own citizens when those disagree
with the regime? /snip/
Ze'ev
No problem at this end, so long as you don't mind my mention of
Israel's back-channel urging that the US forge a pre-emptive strike on
Iraq - which ultimately cost more than 100,000 Iraqi lives to placate
what? An Israeli fear of non-existent WMD?

Leaving Iraq's murderous dictator in place would have cost them fewer
lives.
Does this pattern look familiar to you?

Brian W