Re: [Phys-l] ivory windmills

On 4/12/2012 11:11 AM, Robert Cohen wrote:
I don't disagree with the main point but it seems to me that the sig fig examples serve to illustrate the problems with rounding intermediate steps, not the use of sig figs at the end. Am I mistaken?

Robert A. Cohen, Department of Physics, East Stroudsburg University
570.422.3428 rcohen@esu.edu http://www.esu.edu/~bbq

Though everyone has his hobby horse, I noticed one cogent real-life
point from the thread: that YOUR end point rounding, is the NEXT
person's intermediate step rounding....

Brian W