Re: [Phys-l] Michaelis kinetics, etc. - thermodynamics Fwd: Goals for college physics courses

I don't want to start an argument and I have not read the manuscript....but I have to say: I would have gone with "thermodynamicists" myself. Tough call though. :)

From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] on behalf of Bernard Cleyet [bernardcleyet@redshift.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 12:48 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Cc: Diana Kornbrot
Subject: [Phys-l] Michaelis kinetics, etc. - thermodynamics Fwd: Goals for college physics courses

From physlrnr-l

Of interest to thermodynamititions in this list?

bc notes, curiously, M-Menten a default fit in his kaleidograph app.

Begin forwarded message:

Hi
A non-political question!

Thermodynamics is clearly important for non-physicists, as well as physicists
How many on this list would aim for non-physics majors to

1. understand this Ms. on biology
2. be able to apply the methods to obtain cis-regulation for ssystems they might be investigating?

http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pcbi.1002407

Consider non-science majors [?future presidents], biology majors, high school students
What constructivist activity might they engage in to master these concepts?

Best
Diana