[Phys-l] Q, mass (or L), and the driven response of an oscillator

Every text that discusses driven harmonic oscillators w/ damping states that the response is greater and narrower w/ increasing Q. I have no problem w/ this if the Q increase is a result of decreased damping, but it's not intuitive why. For example, increasing the mass causes a greater amplitude at resonance for a spring oscillator**. Please assist me.

bc not intuitive

p.s. Using the particular solution and plotting I obtain the usual response curves w/ increasing mass; why? I do note that it appears the area under the response curve is constant => DD function as Q => infinity. Is this a clue?

** this means the same result obtains when increasing L in an RLC oscillator.