Re: [Phys-l] RIP EM Field?

I think I have figured out that EM Field is a 16-bit program. 32-bit programs will run in 64-bit Windows, but not 16-bit programs.

The thing about virtual machines is that you have to buy the new operating system. Luckily, my college has a Windows site license (I've just discovered), so I've solved my problem for now with a 32-bit virtual machine.

But I'd still be interested in a way to avoid those hoops. Paul, you mention something from CNET. Can you post a link? When I searched there, I couldn't find anything.
(I agree that PhET is decent, but it has no field lines and no equipotentials.)

Cheers,
-- James