Re: [Phys-l] Significant figures -- again

On Mar 12, 2012, at 1:09 PM, John Denker wrote:

On 03/12/2012 12:49 PM, John Mallinckrodt wrote:

2) He or she is demonstrating his or her numerical ignorance.

I do not think I am numerically ignorant.

I couldn't agree more so I should probably have added that I'd be utterly flabbergasted to hear you quote a length as 3.8675309 cm if you only knew it to within a few mm.

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona