Re: [Phys-l] Recommend a book on Newton?

Much obliged all!

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:37 AM, John Denker <jsd@av8n.com> wrote:

On 03/08/2012 09:58 AM, Calvin Kalman wrote:

Richard Westfall's "Never at Rest" is I believe the definitive
biography of Newton.

The book is a masterpiece. It's brilliant.

http://www.amazon.com/Never-Rest-Biography-Cambridge-Paperback/dp/0521274354

He also wrote a condensed version: The Life of
Isaac Newton

I recommend the uncondensed version. It's easy to read, and there's
not a single page in it that I would want to have skipped.