Re: [Phys-l] Dog attacks and the Poisson interval distribution

On Mar 8, 2012, at 12:22 PM, Bernard Cleyet wrote:

On 2012, Mar 08, , at 09:20, Marty Weiss wrote:

Rottweiler is the second worst. I'm sure that area is not an anomaly for percentages.
Their jaws will clamp down and won't let go... like a vise... other dogs snap and have different shaped jaw hinge so they can be pried apart; pits and rotts cannot be pulled apart.

But, this is not physics so I will end discussion here... unless you consider dog jaws as simple machines.

But the stat. analysis is, no?

we will incur the wrath of the pit bull lobby... keep an eye out your front door for a mob with pitchforks and torches and vicious dogs on releasable leashes!
stay indoors until this thread runs it's course... these pit bull people are very vehement about their "pets"... "misunderstood, gentle".
Yeah, right... look at all the little children and older folks killed. Now there's a statistic to consider... percentage of children plus seniors vs overall deaths. Am I as a senior going to approach a pit bull... leashed or otherwise? Not on your life!

bc disappointed